Thursday, April 3, 2008

Reflection

I really loved this course, It was interesting, informative and I always left class saying "wow". I'm still confused about some things and I don't know if I'll ever really understand everything we discussed in class, but at least I know I'm leaving with a bunch of knowledge that I'm actually excited to tell people about.

I get pretty hyped up about some of the things we've talked about in class. After our lecture on culture jamming I went home and definitely sent some images to my dad that were similar to the visuals Ian showed us in class. He responded not all that interested but he was happy that I was enjoying what I was studying. See when I hear about all these crazy ad schemes and fake news and stuff, even though it's new and challenging I love hearing about it. I feel like I've grown to love and hate a lot of the aspects that go into different kinds of media, but I also know that's part of learning about it.

This probably isn't the best thing to be proud of but I seriously think I could sell a lot of products to these people who buy into all this pop culture. I feel like I've gained a lot of knowledge that I could use to help corporations such in unsuspecting buyers. But of course this is just me thinking out loud about how fun I think it really would be to go into advertising.

I hope that my media studies career doesn't end here though. I think the University really should think about starting a program for students to major in Media studies, I personally think a lot of people would be pretty interested in it.

1 comment:

I. Reilly said...

it sounds like you're already hearing the siren song of advertising... thomas frank would say that you would simply be part of the creative industries. ultimately, you just need to figure out where your skills/interests are best used/served.

i.